Friday, April 29, 2011

'HE HAS RISEN"

_________________________________________________

“Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus, the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know - -- this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death. But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.” (Acts 2:22-24)

“Death cannot keep his prey, Jesus, my Savior! He tore the bars away, Jesus, my Lord! Up from the grave He a – rose, With a mighty triumph o’er His foes; He a – rose a victor from the dark domain, And He lives forever with His saints to reign. He a – rose! He a – rose! Hal-le-lu-jah! Christ a – rose!”
(3rd verse - Low in the Grave He Lay – Robert Lowry, 1826-1899)
__________________________
“Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you.” (Matthew 28:7)

“I serve a risen Savior, He’s in the world today; I know that He is living, whatever men may say; I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer, And just the time I need Him, He’s always near. He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way. He lives, He lives, salvation to impart! You ask me how I know He lives: He lives within my heart.”
(1st verse – He Lives – Alfred H. Ackley, 1887-1960)
___________________________
“HE HAS RISEN” --- THIS SIMPLY STATED FACT IS THE BASIS OF OUR CHRISTIAN FAITH!!!!

WE SERVE A RISEN AND LIVING SAVIOR!!!!!!!!
WE DO NOT SERVE SOMEONE WHO HAS DIED & REMAINS DEAD & BURIED, AS OTHER RELIGIONS DO!!!

WE SERVE A GOD THAT KNEW WHAT WE NEEDED AND WAS WILLING TO COME TO THIS EARTH AND DIE IN OUR PLACE SO AS TO SAVE US FROM OUR SINS AND GIVE US ETERNAL LIFE WITH HIM!!!!

JESUS CHRIST DEFEATED DEATH FOR US; ALL YOU MUST DO IS ACCEPT HIS FREE GIFT THROUGH FAITH!!

______________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment